Monday, June 16, 2008

Tie & Jello 5-0

Last night's ice game was a battle to a 1-1 tie after 60 minutes & a 5 minute sudden death OT. Too bad there's no shootouts in our league, that'd been pretty awesome. I did pretty well, stopped a breakaway by the other team's best player literally in the last 5 seconds of OT.

Their goal came by a surprise to me- which I should've reacted better to but, well, didn't. My favorite Belorussian defenseman was coming back for a puck & didn't realize the other team's OTHER best player was a couple of strides behind him. We all thought he knew & was just playing it off- but the guy lifted it off of his stick about 20 feet in front of me & came around the front of the net, waited for me to go down, and put in the far side. Lazy play by me, I was still in shock. Very annoying.

Besides that, it was a satisfying game. I did my job & turned away flurry after flurry of shots, and a few breakaways. One of our old D, Dan, subbed for us, which is always fun. Plus Harlen, our speedy scorer from 2 years ago is back in town for the summer & will be able to play the rest of the season.

Enough of that, I've got 2 days of Jello 5-0 to handle- that's Jello's 50th Birthday shows @ the Great American Music Hall, tonight & tomorrow. It'll be fun, hectic, and a lot of work. I don't expect to be anything but mentally exhausted by the time I get home tonight- er, Tuesday morning. Rrrrrock!

No comments: